Flossing with Braces
Braces are used by most adults and children to straighten their teeth and teeth alignment and to give a natural looking smile which shines. But, wearing braces can give certain challenges that might make difficulty in dental care such as flossing with braces. Flossing with braces might be more difficult than flossing without braces. In this article, there is a brief discussion on the tips for flossing with braces. Read on to know more about them.
Tips for flossing with braces
There are tricks and tips which will make the flossing easier even with braces. These tricks also helps to maintain and oral hygiene and to prevent tooth decay which can occur underneath the wires and the metal. Thus follow these simple tips while flossing with braces.
- Using a waxed floss and a floss threader will make the flossing process easier.
- Try out different brands of flossing kits and check which brand works best for you.
- This might take a little more extra effort but this will be worth as it provides good dental health and healthy gums with overall good dental health.
- Flossing must be done in the same process as done without braces. But, with braces ensure that you floss all the sides of the teeth under the wires.
- Flossing should be done gently in between the teeth and also all around the wire.
- Flossing should be done carefully as it can break and shred easily from the braces. Thus, while flossing with braces don’t be in a hurry to get out of it.
- When flossing make sure that every part of the tooth is flossed thoroughly to remove the debris between the teeth.
- Floss underneath the gum line after flossing the teeth. This helps to prevent the gum disease.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water after you finish flossing.
- Make flossing a daily habit while wearing braces and even after the removal of braces. This helps to remove the stuck food residues which are not removed by brushing or rinsing.
The above listed ones are some tips for flossing with braces. Follow these tips along your dentists instructions for overall oral hygiene and a good oral health.