How to Brush Your Teeth Properly
We all brush our teeth everyday, but how many of us know how to brush your teeth properly? Not many I guess. Well, this improper brushing leads to different types of dental problems. I am sure if we know the basic and right techniques of brushing, then we can get rid of these problems.
Tips and Techniques for proper Brushing
- First and foremost keep all your oral care products handy. Like toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, tongue cleaner etc.
- Take some toothpaste in your soft bristle toothbrush. Make sure the toothpaste you are using contains fluoride and have a seal of American Dental Association (ADA).
- Always apply short strokes with your brush angle at a 45 degree. You should also follow up with up and down strokes to clean up the inside part of your front teeth.
- Make sure that you brush along with your gum line. This is a very important practice, as it helps to keep away any kind of gum problems. But use gentle strokes as harsh strokes can cause damage to your gum.
- Along with the teeth, you should also brush your tongue to clean all the bacteria deposited on them. This helps you from bad breath.
- It is very important to brush your molars at the back, as it is a good place for the bacteria to hide.
- After proper brushing, spit the toothpaste out and wash your mouth properly with water and mouth wash.
Things to avoid
- Always try to replace your toothbrush after every illness that you have suffered.
- Don’t brush your teeth immediately after you eat dessert. Wait for some 10 minutes and then brush your teeth.
- You should never use other’s toothbrush for brushing your teeth.