What are the Symptoms of Dental Nerve Damage?
Teeth also contain nerves which are the inner most part.. Nerves help to protect the teeth from infections and disease through the blood flow. But, the inner pulp tissue or nerves can also be damaged by the dental procedures and infections. The symptoms of dental nerve damage may vary from one individual to the other. When the infection damages the tooth nerves, the symptoms are very easy to notice and are often painful. This is a good thing, as untreated nerve damage could result in severe pain and also lead to tooth loss. Thus, your dentists can solve the problem even before the condition becomes severe. In this article, there is a brief discussion on the dental nerve damage symptoms. Let us examine them.
Symptoms of dental nerve damageThe dental nerve damage symptoms, may differ from one patient to the other. The symptoms of dental nerve damage include the following.
- Pain in the tooth while normal daily activity
- Pain in the tooth when chewing the food
- Tooth pain when biting down
- Swelling on the face in an abscessed tooth
- Presence of gum boils
- Tenderness of the gums
- Over-sensitivity of the tooth to cold or hot drinks and foods if exposed through the decayed part
- Unbearable pain in the tooth and it may lead to fever
- Increased cellular activity and blood flow may also occur due to dead or damaged pulp