Tips for Eating with Dentures
Individuals having either partial dentures or complete dentures may have difficulty in eating at first. But you use some tips for eating with dentures. Once you get accustomed to dentures after a few days, then they will be at a greater benefit for your health. Suppose if in case you lose your natural teeth due to disease or decay, then you'll be able to eat and talk without any problem with dentures.
Tips for eating with dentures
- Start with softer foods as they are easy to eat and chew. You might also want to start your diet the liquids, according to The (ADA) American Dental Association.
- Avoid chewing on larger pieces of food, instead cut the food into smaller pieces and then take small bites.
- Chew your food slowly. Put some food in your mouth in even amounts on both the sides of the mouth as to maintain the dentures stable in your mouth while you chew.
- Include lots of fluids in your diet and drink during your meals as it helps ease the chewing with dentures.
- Eat those foods which you can chew and bite off as your gums start healing. Press and chew the food against your back teeth with the dentures as it helps stabilize the dentures, suggests some dentists. Try to ease in those foods which you can easily bite off, such as bread and corn on the cob.
- Be cautions with hard foods and hot foods and also avoid sticky foods and things.