Mouth Cancer Symptoms from Chewing Tobacco
Chewing tobacco causes many health problems and diseases, because of the nicotine present in the tobacco. One of disease condition is mouth cancer. This occurs as the lining of the mouth gets irritated by the nicotine and show various symptoms. In this article, mouth cancer symptoms from chewing tobacco along with the tips to quit the use of tobacco. Let us examine them.
Mouth cancer Symptoms from chewing tobaccoThere are many symptoms of mouth cancer which can be seen in those individuals infected with this condition. Some of the mouth cancer symptoms from chewing tobacco are listed below.
- Sore on different areas inside the mouth or on the lip which dose not heal.
- A lump or an increased growth inside the throat or on the mouth.
- Red or white patches on the tongue, gums, lips or on the lining on other areas of the mouth.
- Difficulty while chewing food and while swallowing the food.
- Persistent hoarseness.
- Unusual bleeding from the throat or mouth.
Tips to quit chewing tobacco products
- Firstly think about the reasons why you meed to quit. You need to quit because of the following reasons:
- You don't want to get cancer.
- You don't want to have bad breath.
- You don't want to get addicted to nicotine.
- You don't want have stained teeth.
- You won't want to lose teeth.
- You want to lead a healthier life.
- The people around you might find it as an offense.
- Next, pick a quit chewing tobacco date and throw all the chewing tobacco or snuff.
- Regularly remind yourself by saying loudly that you won't chew tobacco or snuff.
- Ask your family, friends, etc to help you to quit smoking by giving encouragement and support.
- Help your friends also to quit chewing tobacco and tell them not to offer you anymore.
- Consult your dentist or doctor and ask them about the nicotine chewing tobacco cessation program.
- Find other alternatives to quit chewing tobacco. You can try using pumpkin, sugarless gum, apple slices, dried fruit, raisins or sunflower seeds.
- Involve yourself in other activities to keep your mind set off from tobacco. For examples, you can listen to music, go for a ride, talk to your friends, go out with family or friends, or an exercise. They help you to relieve tension that is caused by quitting.
- Try to find different ways and plans which works best for you to avoid chewing tobacco.