How to Temporarily Replace a Tooth Filling
There are many dental care procedures at home. You can also follow some simple ways to temporarily solve the problem. In this article there is a brief discussion on the how to replace tooth filling temporarily.
Instructions to replace tooth filling temporarily
- Look for any of the early signs or symptoms of having dislodged a crown or lost a filling. One may develop pain when exposed to cold air, liquids, food or when the tongue touches the tender area.
- Use an antiseptic soap to thoroughly wash the hands.
- Suppose If you are someone else other than yourself than put on gloves (such as latex gloves) on your hands.
- If you don’t have a temporary premixed filling compound or material from your dentists then you can prepare a mixture which can be used as a temporary filling. A standard mixture of temporary tooth filling is available in some first aid kits. It is a mixture of clove oil and zinc oxide powder, but you can also improvise it by rolling a ball of ski wax, candle wax or sugarless gum.
- Later, thoroughly rinse the mouth with sterile or disinfected water.
- Apply a drop of clove oil (which is also referred as ‘eugenol’) on the hole inside the mouth, as this helps to reduce the pain.
- Use this temporary filling to make a small ball, later place it gently in the exposed part, which helps to certainly cover the exposed tissue.
- Then bite down, lining the tooth below with the tooth up or above it.
- Be sure and wait until the temporary tooth filling hardens when you use a mixture of clove oil and zinc oxide powder or a premixed filling.
- Lastly, immediately evacuate and consult a dentist.
These are some instructions while you temporarily replace a tooth filling at home.