How to Make Natural Toothpaste at Home?
Most people begin the day and end the day by brushing their teeth. They use commercial toothpaste which may contain harsh ingredients. Thus, the toothpaste can cause inflammation or tear of the tooth enamel. To avoid all these side effects one can learn how to make natural toothpaste at home. The process of making toothpaste is easy to learn, easy to make and easy to use and it includes all natural ingredients, which makes it effective and safe to use.
Natural toothpaste at home
Ingredients for toothpaste
- Baking soda -6 teaspoons
- Common salt or table salt -1/3 teaspoon
- Vegetable glycerin -4 teaspoons
- Peppermint extract -15 drops
Procedure to make natural toothpaste at home
- Take a small bowl and add 6 teaspoons of baking soda and 1/3 teaspoon of table salt. Mix them well in the mixing bowl.
- Next, add 15 drops of peppermint oil (a dropper full of) in the bowl and 4 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin. Stir all the ingredients well in the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well until they are properly blended together and a paste is formed. Suppose, if the consistency of the paste is too thick, then you can add a few drops (fewer) of hydrogen peroxide.
- The natural paste is ready. Place the paste in the jar and close it with a tight lid and store it at room temperature.
How to Use?
One can use this natural home toothpaste twice daily, similar to the commercial toothpaste. Brush the teeth at least for 2 minutes.
How the natural toothpaste affects the teeth?
The natural ingredients used in making the toothpaste are very effective.
- Baking soda helps to remove the plaque formation, cleanses and whitens the teeth.
- Common salt or table salt has an antiseptic effect and cleans the teeth.
- Glycerin acts as a base and helps to make the paste thick and creamy. It also helps in flavoring.
- Peppermint helps in favoring and provides fresh breath.
This was all about the natural toothpaste which can be made easily at every home.