5 Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth
Sensitive teeth is caused because of the exposure of the dentin and the pulp cavity by the bacterial activity on the teeth. It may result in sharp shooting pain or tingling sensation especially while eating foods like hot, spicy and cold foods. Home remedies for sensitive teeth can treat the condition temporarily. In this article, there is a brief discussion on the remedies for sensitive teeth at home.
Home remedies for sensitive teeth
- Use desensitizing toothpaste, even though they aren’t good for gum line recession or enamel abrasion, they fill up the channels in the dentin and can effectively diminish the teeth sensitivity.
- Fluoride containing toothpaste is a good remedy for teeth sensitivity at home. Place some toothpaste on a finger or use a cotton swab to spread it all over the sensitive part in the teeth. Make sure not to rinse away the toothpaste, instead you may spit it out. Follow this step every night before going to bed for a few weeks, you may feel less sensitive within few weeks.
- Fluoride rinse is a very good treatment for sensitive teeth and even in tooth decay. Rinse your mouth with fluoride rinse at least once daily.
- Patients who have undergone the root planning treatment, may develop more sensitive teeth. To reduce this problem they should use fluoride gels.
- Brushing and flossing: Plaque formation can further aggravate the sensitivity of the teeth, because they utilize the food residue in the mouth and release acids which cause irritation. Thus, brushing at least twice daily can help to prevent plaque formation. Is is always good to brush the teeth before going to sleep and after eating. Flossing once daily can help to remove the hidden food residue between the teeth. This is one of the essential remedy for sensitive teeth at home.
These are some of the home remedies for sensitive teeth. There are many causes of sensitive teeth such as brushing too hard, using a hard-bristled toothbrush, chewing tobacco, etc.