Home Remedies for Cough During Pregnancy
Pregnant women need to take a special care for herself and for the growing baby. They should go for a regular checkup and follow the prescribed medication properly. This helps the healthy growth of the baby. During winters it is common for every one including pregnant women to get cold and cough. Thus, they can use natural home remedies for cough during pregnancy as they safe and effective in the treatment.
Home remedies for cough during pregnancy
- Take a lemon, cut and fill it with salt and black pepper powder and suck it. It reduces the intensity of cough. It acts effectively in the cough treatment.
- In 1 teaspoon of honey (pure) add a pinch of white pepper powder and take it. Regular use for 2 to 3 times daily for 4 to 5 days will help cure the cough. This is one of the effective remedy for cough.
- Eating grapes regularly for a number of days cures cough and cold as it acts as an expectorant and tomes up the lungs.
- Eating garlic with meals at night twice a week is a good home remedy for cough especially, in winters. It provides relief.
- A combination of grape juice with honey is highly beneficial in treating cough.
- If one suffers from dry cough then this remedy can be used. Prepare a mixture by adding 3 to 4 teaspoons of fresh coconut milk, half a teaspoon of khas khas (Cuscus grass) and 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink this before going to bed at night as it another effective remedy for cough at home.
- Almonds for patients suffering with dry cough are highly beneficial. Soak few almonds in water, remove their outer brown covering (skin) and make a fine paste. Add sugar and 20 grams of butter to the paste and take it twice in a day (morning and evening).
- Crush onions, extract the juice from it and mix with honey. Take it twice or thrice a day as it acts as an excellent cough syrup.
These are a few home remedies for cough during pregnancy, but consult your doctor once before using the ingredients. Because an increase amount of these remedies may harm you. Thus, it is better to consult your doctor (Gynecologist).