Different Signs of Baby Teething
There are different signs and symptoms during teething in babies. As teeth emerge from the jaw they cause discomfort and pain in the jaw and gums. Due to discomfort, pressure, sensation and pain in the gums and jaws they show various signs. Different signs of baby teething may appear which are listed below in this article.
Some of the common signs of baby teething are as follows:
- Babies may show increased drooling.
- They may show sleeping effects due to pain and discomfort. Thus, they may wake up in the middle of the night and start crying.
- They may develop sore gums so they avoid food. Thus, may have poor appetite.
- Young babies may reject breast milk or bottle milk as sucking hurts their gums.
- On the other hand, some babies may show increased demand for bottle milk or breast milk due to the sensation to chew. They may also chew on teething rings, fingers and other objects.
- Due to pain in the gums and jaws they may become fussy at times. Some may also get irritation so they tend to place their hands into their mouth.
- They may also develop mild rashes around their mouth, because of irritation and excessive drooling.
- They may also show excessive dribbling. Plenty of water and diluted fluids can help to replenish lost fluids.
- Sometimes, some babies may also develop swollen, inflamed and red gums.
However, there are some other signs and symptoms which most of them feel that they are not associated with teething. But, some babies may show these signs during teething.
- Some babies may develop low-grade fever or high-grade fever, due to the excess pain in the jaws and gums.
- A few may also have runny nose, cough, and diarrhea. As they tend to swallow more saliva they may show these symptoms.
These are some of the common signs and symptoms during teething in babies. Not all, but one or more signs and symptoms may appear in your babies during teething. Don’t make an assumption that these signs may appear only while teething, they may also develop due to various infections and other conditions. Thus, it is better to consult a doctor to find out the main cause for these signs and symptoms.