How do Mouth Ulcers Form?
Mouth Ulcers start with
- Physical damage inside your oral cavity due to accidental biting of your tongue or cheeks, or wear and tear because of vigorous licking, or puncture wounds caused by sharp objects like crisps.
- For some persons deficient biological agents or overreaction of immune system or allergic reaction can initiate the formation of ulcers
- Initially damage happens underneath the mouth surface, where the connective tissue get destroyed because of cell loss. After a while the damage reaches mouth surface, making it look like the ulcer appeared from nowhere.
- Once the ulcer is above the surface it is attacked by different kind of bacteria present in our mouth, causing even more cell damage and produce toxins that can damage every cell inside the oral cavity.
Symptoms of Mouth Ulcers
- Open sores inside your oral cavity, usually these sores will be in pink shade or white.
- Bad breath
- Severe pain while having any hot or spice food
Treatment for Mouth Ulcers
In most of the cases, you can get rid off mouth ulcers using home remedies. Some of them include
- Maintaining oral hygiene
- Rinsing you mouth with lukewarm salt water every half hour through out the day
- You can use light mouth wash to reduce the bad breath
If you have any other medical conditions like sugar, high blood pressure, oral cancer, or heart disease then proper medical treatment is very important