Top 5 Common Dental Problems
Common Dental Problems:
The following are some of the common dental problems which are commonly seen in many individuals and can be treated easily.
Discolored or Stained Teeth
- Commonly caused due to excess intake of tea, coffee and some medication
- One more main reason is smoking
- Teeth whitening can eliminate these kind of stains to some extent
- Using a herbal or flourescent tooth paste can show good results
- Cleaning the mouth after having hot beverages and after smoking is very important.
- According to American Dental Association, bad breath is the most common problem in more than 85% of the Americans, it is also known as halitosis.
- This is because of some underlying dental disease or problems like plaque, gum disease, cavities, cancer and many more.
- Using fluoride mouth wash will neutralize the bad smell and gives fresh breath
- In the United States, tooth decaying is said as second most prevalent disease.
- Occurs when the bacteria stored in your mouth combines with starch and sugars present in the food we take and form acids.
- These acids attack the tooth enamel and make the roots weak.
- Brushing your teeth after every meal is preferred or at least twice a day is very important
- Gum disease can be said as an infection in your gums.
- This is main reason for tooth loss in adults
- Gingivities is the most common form of gum disease, caused due to the formation of tartar, a thin white sheet of material that destroys the tooth and gums surrounding it.
- Leaning the plaque using flossing is recommended
- Millions of people suffer from tooth sensitivity, which is the result of loosing tooth enamel and exposure of roots.
- This will lead to pain (an electric effect), when you take food either hot or cold and beverages.
- Smooth brushing, flossing, and rinsing your teeth with a fluoride wash will reduce the sensitivity problems to an extent.